Mondays: 1:00pm-3:30pm Start: April 1st, 2019
As kids emerge from their early childhood years, continuing to develop and maintain a healthy sense of confidence in who they are and what they are capable of is vital to their well being. Spending time in nature and working alongside peers in a safe and cooperative environment is a perfect way to ensure the healthy development of our youth at this critical age. Join Savannah and Brooke on a journey of self-discovering in the heart of the forest. In this program youth will:
- Develop a strong connection to their sense of self, the environment, and each other.
- Participate in a variety of activities designed to enhance their capacity for self-sufficiency, co-operation, and creativity.
- Develop skills to navigate effectively through the natural world as well as access tools for navigating social dynamics.
- Activities may include: Shelter building, tracking, tool use, communication games, storytelling, and activities that enhance our capacity for stewardship & awareness
- Program held at Bechtel Park, Waterloo
- Perfect for families who wish to combine Forest School programming with the traditional school environment or for those who are homeschooled