Mondays: 5:00pm-6:30pm Start: Sept. 9th, 2019 (No class October 14th)
As kids emerge through their early childhood years and grow, continuing to develop and maintain a healthy sense of confidence in who they are and what they are capable of is vital to their well being. Spending time in nature and playing alongside peers in a safe and cooperative environment is a perfect way to ensure the healthy development of our youth. Join Savannah and Sarah on a journey of self-discovering in the heart of the forest. In this after school, energetic and fun-loving adventure program youth will:
- Develop a strong connection to their sense of self, the environment, and each other.
- Participate in a variety of activities designed to enhance their capacity for self-sufficiency, co-operation, and creativity.
- Develop skills to navigate effectively through the natural world as well as access tools for navigating social dynamics.
- Activities may include: Shelter building, tracking, tool use, communication games, storytelling, art and activities that enhance our capacity for stewardship & awareness
- Program held at Bechtel Park, Waterloo